Friday, March 5, 2010

Litter Bug

Ok let me set the scene for you...There are four of us going to a bulls game.  The first two are Jeff and Kelly whom I have met once before this evening.  I don't know very much about them because they are on the 18th floor (They also asked me to change their names).  The individual who invited me is Aaron.  He had an extra ticket to the bulls game and invited me to go along with the group since his very patient girlfriend is out of town.  I get along well with Aaron because he doesn't get his feelings hurt ever and he's got a very dry sense of humor.  He is also the guy at work making bets against me, playing practical jokes, and basically encouraging everyone's gambling.  A little bit about Aaron's personality:  He is a big talker, bit of a people pleaser, loves to talk about how athletic he is (to his credit he is very athletic), and he can't stand being wrong.  Jeff and Kelly are very quiet finance type of people.  For those of you who are in finance or know people in finance you know that there are two main types of people; those who are incredibly wild and mainly count their daredevil activities, and those who think in numbers.  They happen to be the latter. 

So we are on the way to the Bulls game and Aaron is driving his brand new flashy car.  Jeff is in the passenger seat, I am behind the drivers seat and Kelly is behind the passenger seat.  After picking Kelly up and are on our way to the united center the following ensues: 
(Pieces of the conversation have been taken out to condense time and this conversation was not approved by Aaron)

Aaron:  What is that smell?
[no one responds]
Aaron:  Hello?!
Kelly:  Umm Clara is eating an orange
Aaron:  What the hell Clara?!  This is a new car!  You are going to ruin the new car smell.
Clara:  [giggling] Well Aaron.  It's not an orange it's a tangelo
Aaron:  I don't care what it is woman you better not get my car sticky.  Why are you eating anyway?  We are going to eat at the game!  Are you not going to share nachos?  Wow.  Wow.  Wow.  You couldn't wait 30min?
Clara:  I needed a snack! I was starving! Geeeeezus man how does Liz tolerate you!
[I Roll down the window and throw the peel out]
Aaron:  Are you littering?!
Clara:  [Mouth is full]
Aaron:  Kelly!!  What is she doing?
Kelly:  Uhhh uhhh [looking at me for guidance]
Clara:  [Shrugs shoulders]
Kelly:  yes
Aaron:  Yes what?!  Yes she is littering?
Kelly:  Mmm Hmmm
Aaron:  [bangs on steering wheel] What happened to don't 'Mess with Texas!' This is a NEW car.  Brand new.  You're only the third person to ride in it.
**I just know Jeff and Kelly have to be thinking the same thing**
Clara:  Aaron there are 3 of us in the car I was the second to get in.  You're telling me that no one else has been in here besides us in the two months you have owned the car?
Kelly & Jeff:  [Silently Freaking out...or calculating the math not sure]
Aaron:  Whatever.
Clara:  That's right, don't mess with Texas or I will start wiping my hands on your Italian leather seats.  [wave my hands in the rear view mirror]  I have antibacterial and a napkin, don't lose it.  And F.Y.I. boy genius we are in Illinois...[in my best hippie voice ] plus bro it's biodegradable it isn't littering if it will disintegrate and add valuable nutrients to the soil.  So you are the reh-tard.
Aaron:  If we get pulled over are you going to tell the cops that smart ass?
Clara:  yes it's in the littering law.  I'm 100% sure it's fine to throw out food.
Aaron:  I'm so sure you know...
Clara:  My brother is a police officer!
Aaron:  Like that matters.  You're an idiot
Clara:  Stay Classy
Aaron:  You can't say that it doesn't make any sense.


Jeff:  Aaron you are getting pulled over. 
Clara:  What?! [looks back] Oh wow.
Aaron:  CLARA!!!!!  
Clara:  It's fine.  I can talk to him.  No biggie.  We won't get a ticket.  Trust me, you can't say no to this smile! [Smile really big in the rear view mirror]
Aaron:  Well here is your chance big mouth...
Clara:  Ten bucks says I don't get a ticket
Aaron You're on
[Aaron proceeds to get more tense as the seconds pass and starts looking over the entire car and searching for his insurance]

Officer:  Son do you know why I pulled you over?
Aaron:  [visibly nervous and stuttering]  SSSSir it was her fault she threw it out the window not me.  [points back at me]
Clara:  [Roll down my window] Excuse me sir.
Officer:  Ma'am? You did what?
Clara:  Hi there...It's not my friends fault.
Officer:  [baffled continues to stare]
Clara:  I was eating a tangelo and I threw the peel out the window at the last stop light.  But. [raises one finger]  It's not considered "trash" [puts both hands up in quotations] because it's biodegradable and if it will disintegrate and act as a fertilizer then it's not litter.
Officer:  You were eating a what?
Clara:  Tangelo.  You know.... it's like a combination of an orange and tangerine.  It's bigger though.  Do you want a piece?
Officer:  [scrunches up face] Um.
Aaron:  [snickering]
Kelly:  [mouth open]
Officer:  [moves back up to the drivers side door]  Son, I pulled you over because your temporary plates have expired. 
Aaron:  Oh, not the litter?
Officer:  No.

After the whole writing of the ticket which Aaron will have to contest in court.  We roll up the windows and the car is silent.  I'm starting to think that Aaron might not take this very well and he will be a downer the rest of the night.  Then....

Clara:  Maybe you can get deferred adjudication... 
Aaron: Sh*t! 
Clara:  I'm sorry.  I really feel bad. 
Aaron:  I don't care about the ticket.
Clara:  Oh
Jeff:  Did you forget the parking pass?
Aaron:  No.  She is going to put this in her blog!

Damn Right!

3 comments:

  1. 1st - You forgot your own Texas slang "I do what I wont tah" after I said you don't make sense.

    2nd - You forgot to add when the Policeman says "Which one of you does she belong to?" and both Jared and I said "Neither" and he said you had too much "sass" for us.

    3rd - Pick cooler names for people. I would personally like to be Jafar in your next story.

    4th - Write about the A-1 Email.

    Other than that you did a great job of embarrassing me and I'm sure "Kelly & Jeff" will be glad you told them ahead of time how you were going to "characterize" them and we will never get invited by them again to go anywhere since we are incapable of being normal human beings for 3hrs

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahhaa I guess this teaches us all to "watch our back" around Clara b/c you never know what will end up on her blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jafar - You were missed at work today I'm sure the DMV was awesome. Also you managed to ruin "Jeff's cover" check your bullet points namely #2. Lastly the A-1 Arnold email will be posted sometime this weekend. Yes everyone A-1 Arnold has read the blog.

    Amy - No watching of the back. I won't write about anyone if they don't want me to...it does not mean I won't try to convince them of why they should be in the blog though. :) Hope you're enjoying Tejas!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!