Sunday, March 7, 2010

The A-1 Email

Every morning I wake up to my lovely iPhone (yes I got a new one) alarm clock, and then proceed to check any texts and emails I might have received in the 6+ hours of sleep I got that night.  As i was going through my email I scrolled down to see *****@gmail.com What you don't know is that **** is really A-1 Arnold's email address (See Little Bottle of Joy Posting).  As my eyes were scanning the preview in my inbox I almost choked on my mouth guard.  I definitely needed to sit up for this one.  I read the subject line "A-1 Arnold."  I'm thinking to myself...Brace yourself this will be your first piece of hate mail.  Try not to let it hurt your feelings.   

I sat there debating if I should open it or not and finally decided I would get dressed first.  Just kidding!  We all know how impatient I am.  I opened that sucker right after I caught my breath and steadied my heart rate.  Here is what the email said:
(Pieces of the email have been cut out to protect A-1 Arnolds identity)

To The Era of Clara Author
You are hysterical.  Thanks for saving my identity even though [Our mutual friend] is probably your only reader that I know.  I hope you are doing well, and had a great couple of trips.  It took me a week to decide to send this E-Mail and I decided that I wanted to say sorry and ask you a question.  It did seem weird when I read the date from your perspective and it is impossible to get anything by your freakish attention to detail.  [Our Mutual Friend] told me about this before I took you out.  I do have to hand it to you though you are much funnier written than you are vocally.  I don't think you could ever tell a joke to save your life but the jokes in your writing are laugh out loud.  On to the question part.  [Our Mutual Friend] tells me you're still single and I wanted to see if you would want to give me one more chance.  I promise this time it will just be the two of us on the date and I will leave my friend A1 at home.  I leave the ball in your court.  If you decide no then thank you for getting me to laugh at myself, and I will forever tell people how I ended up in some good looking girls blog.
- A1 Arnold  
P.S. You are horrible at picking fake names for people...Where did Arnold come from?

I am super glad that it was not hate mail.  Since it didn't work out with the one guy I was hoping for I think it is a possibility.  What do you think should I go on a second date? 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!