Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dreamy Derek Came to Chicago

I was cleaning out my facebook messages and stumbled across one that made me laugh and thought I would share.  Back in August a friend, you might remember from my blog about my trip to NYC, Dreamy Derek came to Chicago.  He had a wedding to attend and made mention of popping by to say hello.  It was also right around the time the "Places" button was added to the facebook app.  Derek managed to check us in everywhere we went and our mutual friend scamp sent me a message titled "Spill the Beans".  Asking if I was really checking in with DD all over Chicago, and wanting to know what I was doing with him.  I'm 100% sure it was the 9th check-in at Proseco that did it (See NYC Blog posting about my bizarre dinner there).

Silly photos from our Sunday Funday
Photo by Derek
This was my response to scamp...

Hey!  We were only supposed to hang out Sunday but he had some free time and asked me to lunch on Friday then we kind of never stopped hanging out.  He loves that check in app it's ridiculous.

Overall really fun trip.  On Saturday he made mention of our first encounter at Proseco I almost dropped the proseco in my hand but held on strong.  No spillage this time.  Very awkward.  So I guess my string of bizarre dinners at Proseco continues.  I'm going to go to a different restaurant on my next date.  Although I'm not sure if I would call our hanging out "dates" since it felt like we never stopped hanging out.  Just a series of meet ups.  I think he might also have an issue with leading people on because it seems like girls all over the place believe that he is dating them.  Not exactly bright girls either.  One of them sends him messages like "I'm wearing amazing shoes tonight."  I never knew text messages like that existed.

Anyway funny trip, lots of quirky moments.  Especially since I realized that I had only met him once before and for a few hours.  People always seem completly different in your head, then you meet them again.  He was much shorter than I remembered.  How was your weekend?


If you do come to Chicago I suggest you find these two books, very nifty to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!