Monday, May 24, 2010

I was Robbed Part Deux

When I was very little I used to think that I was God's favorite. It always seemed like things went my way:  I got to sit in front with my Dad Gary on road trips, I was co-pilot on flights, my brothers let me pick what we watched on TV (it helped that I loved The Ninja Turtles), and it seemed like all my prayers were answered.  I usually prayed that I would be asked by my parents to be in charge while they were out, getting to have a friends stay over, or getting pizza on Friday nights.  The Jesus brown nosing started early as my friends Josh M. & Chris O. can attest, I always tried to get the highest score when my Mom asked us "How many things did you learn in Church?"  Who ever learned the most was able to pick the restaurant for lunch.  I also remembered to say Thank You to the Big Man Upstairs so I figured I ranked so high because of my simple requests and manners.

As of late it seems that maybe I used up all my prayers.  While I am not one to believe in "luck", I think mine has run out.  To me luck is just what people who aren't motivated/determined/dedicated etc. blame situations on when they don't go right.  Or as my Dad would say Luck = Preparation + Opportunity.  However I'm not sure how that definition can explain the fact that I have now had my iPhone stolen twice and this time my ID, credit cards, purse, and favorite lip gloss accompanied the phone.  I have become so addicted to my iPhone that I paid $600 for the one that I currently lost!  At the time it seemed like a good idea.  Now, not so much.  The fact that I was dancing with a police officer at the time my purse was pilfered only adds comedic relief to the situation.  Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor? 

So I have decided that God has been trying to tell me something.  He's actually been trying to get my attention for a while now...He even appeared in my bruise/stress fracture.  Check that out!

What God is trying to tell me is a different story entirely.  And that I will need to figure out.  Although I have a feeling that the message will probably get an expedited delivery since I know I will make #1 Prayer Request in my mom's Bible study again after this posting.  Hello Ladies!  Not to worry the rest of the trip was amazing and fun doesn't even begin to describe it.  I had an action packed weekend with 6 amazing women and Jackson although I think he slept in Sara's belly most of the time.

Until then I will just have to see Him when I'm #upintheair because that is as physically close as I can get until Sunday.  I do hope the good luck comes back because [in the very Seattle words of Robynn] "this is killing my spirit." 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I am reading a blog and second that I am looking for Jesus in your bruise. I am hooked on your life please tell me this doesn't mean I am not going to get the animated in person versions.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!