Thursday, February 10, 2011

Big News

Set of 4 Sandstone Coasters - Texas Lone StarToday I found out that I will be heading to Dallas for a new job opportunity.  I'm from Texas so my entire family was thrilled with the news.  Each of my parents got special phone calls and when I reached my mom this was how the conversation played out...


Mom:  Hola Clarita!  
Me: Hey Mom...Are you sitting down?
Mom:  Why?  Do you have news?
Me:  Yes I have big news.  Wait did you talk to people already?
Mom:  No, No, No Tell me!  Oh gosh what's going on?
Me:  Well I was calling to tell you that..
Mom:  [shouting] YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!
Me:  Uh What?!  Mom. Seriously?  I'm not even dating anyone right now.
Mom:  Oh ok.  I just figured well...I don't know I was hoping.  Umm. Well. Oh.  Ok so what's the news?
Me:  Oh.  I'm just...I'm moving to Dallas
Mom:  Well that's fun too!  Can I decorate your new place?


Watch out Texas...Here I come!

3 comments:

  1. Dallas is going to be very excited to have you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be great...I'll have to change my blog to fit the D-Town Culture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't crestfallen by your impending departure. You will be missed. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!